Dual Credit Courses - North Central Texas College
What is Dual Credit?
The Dual Credit program at NCTC provides an opportunity for eligible Saint Jo High Students to enroll in college level courses and earn both college credit and high school credit simultaneously. Courses are offered on-line.
Who is eligible?
- "B" average and "College Ready" test scores.
- Meet the eligibility requirements set by Saint Jo ISD.
What are the benefits?
- Experience college in high school
- Financial savings
- Increase college success and completion
- Smoother transition
- Head start on college core curriculum
Which test scores qualify?
NCTC accepts test scores from EOC, SAT, ACT, PSAT, ACT Aspire, and the TSI Assessment.
TSI Assessment scores are:
Math - 350; Reading - 351; Writing - Essay Score of 5 or Essay Score of 4 with Multiple Choice of 363
How much will it cost?
NCTC Dual Credit courses are offered at a discounted tuition rate, about a third of the cost of most universities. Average tution and fees for one 3 hour course:
- University of North Texas $1,550
- Texas State University $2,000
- Texas Tech University $1,200
- University of Texas $2,500
- Baylor University $4,550
North Central College - $174 for In-District Tuition and $336 for Out of District Tuition ($50 fee for online courses)
Dual Credit Checklist
- Check with Mrs. Durham to determine eligibility
- Apply to College (www.applytexas.org)
- Scholarships (www.nctc.edu/Scholarships)
- Complete Dual Credit Orientation Online
- Submit Official Test Scores
- Submit High School Transcript
- Submit Poof of Meningitis Immunization
- Complete Dual Credit Registration Form
- Make Payment
- Purchase Textbooks